I’ve been invited to Skype in as an expert to a class of students putting together a documentary about digital footprints. This is a topic of great interest to me, especially, since I actively began managing mine about three years ago. Back then when someone searched for me they’d find a bunch of other people with the same name and buried down somewhere was some information about volleyball tournaments in which I competed. It was then that I decided I wanted to be at the top of a search for both my name and the topics about which I am passionate. Today, when I search Lisa Nielsen, I am the first thing that comes up. I also am the first result when searching “educating innovatively” or “The Innovative Educator.” I branded myself to have an online identity of which I’m proud. This is an important skill to teach students. Equally important is conveying the idea that being safe and responsible online does not mean hiding your identity but rather defining it and owning it.
Below are articles I have written for educators and parents to help their students do the same.
- Just Say Yes to Publishing! Exposing The Man Behind the Curtain If He’s Still Saying No.
- Controlling your digital identity is as easy as 1-2-3
- Help students manage their digital footprint and effectively participate in social media
- Teaching Kids how to manage their Digital Footprint
- Why social media curriculum is critical in schools
- Footprints in the Digital Age
- Facebook Recap Apps That Inspire Fun and Personalized Learning in the New Year
- Whachu Talking 'Bout? Find Out with Facebook Status Clouds
- A Parent's Guide to Facebook
You have read this article digital footprint with the title The Innovative Educator’s Advice for Managing Your Digital Footprint. You can bookmark this page URL http://machining33.blogspot.com/2010/12/the-innovative-educators-advice-for.html. Thanks!