Check out my new article in T.H.E. Journal about why banning is not the answer when it comes to cell phones and other student-owned devices in school. Here's a sneak peak at the seven strategies schools should have in place to ensure connected students will tune in when learning with cell phones and other devices they own and love.
- Ensure the right building blocks are in place
- Update outdated classroom management techniques
- Give students time to socialize
- Connect with students in their world
- Use texting to connect more deeply with students
- Engage students
- Empower students with strategies to stay focused
For more ideas about thinking outside the ban and harnessing the power of cell phones for learning check out
You have read this article Cell phone ban / Cell phones in Education with the title Why BYOD, Not Banning Cell Phones, Is the Answer. You can bookmark this page URL http://machining33.blogspot.com/2012/05/why-byod-not-banning-cell-phones-is.html. Thanks!