- Address the logistics of the course in your course materials
- Personalize your online learning environment with multimedia
- Develop and share materials (e.g. brochures) with potential participants
- Set up forums that address the “social dimension” of introducing people and getting to know each other, as well as forums for dealing with technical aspects
- Remember to scaffold and support learning conversations rather than dominate them
- Don’t be afraid to summarize–also known as landscape–the ongoing conversations periodically
- Avoid long discussion posts, as well as posts that feature a lot of questions
- Encourage people to discover each other’s strengths and what they each have to bring to the table
This valuable post is suggested reading for anyone interested in bringing this type of innovative teaching and learning to their schools.
You have read this article moodle / online learning with the title Tips for Successful Online Course Facilitation. You can bookmark this page URL http://machining33.blogspot.com/2009/06/tips-for-successful-online-course.html. Thanks!